- Specialist in orthopaedics and sports medicine, orthopaedics/accident surgery
- Specialist for joint-preserving knee surgery, knee endoprosthetics, sports injuries, knee injuries in children (a total of approx. 850 surgeries per year)
- Prof. (apl) at the Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
- Appeared on the FOCUS list of doctors as a proven knee specialist since 2010
- Co-editor European Journal of Knee Surgery (KSSTA-Journal)
I have been specialising in knee surgery for more than 20 years and have personally performed more than 8,000 knee surgeries. Due to my early specialisation, I can offer you the highest level of expertise and professional treatment.
My motto is “top quality”, and if surgery becomes necessary my aim is to operate with perfection. I would like to guide you through the treatment and get you fit again as soon as possible.
The focus of my work is joint-building measures for cartilage damage with osteoarthritis (about 500 cases/year), suture of the meniscus (about 300/year), donor meniscus (about 20/year), cruciate ligament replacement in recreational and competitive athletes (about 200/year, for example, football/ski, patellar tendon, dual bundle technique with SemiT, quadriceps tendon), and also the treatment of child knee injuries (about 80/year). For knee osteoarthritis, I prefer the use of a minimally invasive partial prostheses to maintain healthy knee joint areas as long as possible.
Range of services
Certified knee specialist (about 850 knee operations/year)
- JOINT CONSTRUCTION/JOINT BUILDING WITH CARTILAGE DAMAGE/ARTHROSIS (about 500 cases/year), e.g.
- Meniscus suture (about 300/year) up to meniscal replacement (donor meniscus) (about 20/year)
- Cartilage cell transplantation (about 100/year)
- SPORTS INJURY: ANTERIOR CRUCIATE LIGAMENT SURGERY (e.g. soccer/ski, patellar tendon, knee-flexor tendon, single-bundle technique) (about 200/year)
- Patellar surgery (in case of instability and pain) (about 100/year)
- KNEE INJURIES IN CHILDREN (cruciate ligament, meniscus, cartilage, kneecap) (about 80/year)
- LEG AXIS CORRECTION or SLED PROSTHESIS (in malposition or arthritis) (about 100/year)
- Complete knee replacement (knee-TEP)
- Posterior cruciate ligament surgery
- Complex knee ligament surgery (inner & outer ligament/combined knee ligament revisions)
- Cartilage shots for the treatment of osteoarthritis
- Body’s own enzyme therapy, autologous blood therapy, PRP, with acute sports injuries
- Creation of individual physiotherapeutic treatment concepts
- Early functional post-treatment for early integration in sports and work
- Shockwave treatment of the knee
- 1988 – 1995 Study of human medicine at the Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
- 1993 Trauma surgery, general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, St. Vincent Hospital, Manhattan, New York, USA, Teaching Hospital, University of New York
- 1995 General surgery, reconstructive surgery, orthopaedic surgery, Boston University Hospital, Massachusetts, USA
- 1995 Foundation of the Orthopaedic University Hospital Heidelberg / Schlierbach, Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg, Medical Director: Prof. Dr. med. Cotta
- 1996 Orthopaedic Clinic at the University Hospital Mannheim, Medical Director: Prof. Dr. med. L. Jani
- 1997 Doctorate at the Medical Clinic and Polyclinic, Dept. of Sport and Performance Medicine, Univ. Heidelberg, Prof. Dr. med. P. Bärtsch
- 1997 Surgical Clinic at the University Hospital Mannheim, Medical Director: Prof. Dr. med. M. Trede
- 2000 Orthopaedic Clinic at the University Hospital Mannheim, Medical Director: Prof. Dr. med. L. Jani, later Prof. Dr. med. H.P. Scharf
- 2002 ATOS Clinic Heidelberg, Centre for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Prof. Dr. med. P. Habermeyer, Dr. S. Lichtenberg
- 2002 Specialist in orthopaedics
- 2004 Chief Physician, Knee and Shoulder Surgery Sports Clinic
- 2008 Senior Physician at the Centred for Knee and Foot Surgery, Sports Trauma Surgery ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
- 2009 Habilitation at the Anatomical Institute Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg.
- Topic: “Anatomical double bundle structure of the anterior cruciate ligament and anatomical cruciate ligament replacement”