- Specialist physician in orthopaedics and trauma surgery
- Special orthopaedic surgery
PD Dr. med. Patrick Weber is a renowned specialist in the field of implantation and revision of hip and knee endoprostheses. Through his many years as Head of Hip Arthroplasty and Deputy Head of Knee Arthroplasty at the University of Munich (LMU, Klinikum Großhadern), he has covered the entire field of endoprosthetics even in complex cases of hip dysplasia or post-traumatic arthrosis. For many years, he has been performing minimally invasive implantation of hip endoprostheses using the AMIS method. He is also a reference surgeon and instructor for this method. Another focus of his work is the change of hip and knee endoprostheses.
With over 150 publications and lectures, Dr. Weber is a regularly invited and recognised lecturer at national and international events on the topic of endoprosthetics.
Range of services
- Implantation of hip endoprostheses (AMIS method)
- Implantation of knee endoprostheses (including unicondylar carriage endoprosthesis)
- Implantation of hip and knee endoprostheses in complex situations such as hip dysplasia or post-traumatic arthritis
- Change of hip and knee endoprostheses
- Coxarthrosis (osteoarthritis of the hip joint)
- Gonarthrosis (osteoarthritis of the knee joint)
- Painful endoprostheses and relaxation
- Femoral head necrosis
- 1998- 2004 Study of human medicine in Luxembourg, Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-University), University College Dublin.
- 2004-2011 Resident at the Clinic and Polyclinic for Orthopaedics, Klinikum Großhadern, LMU Munich Hospital (Director: Prof. Dr. med. Dipl.-Ing. V. Jansson) and at the Clinic for Surgery, Klinikum München Perlach (chief physician: Prof. Dr. med. HJ Andreß)
- 2011: Specialist physician in orthopaedics and trauma surgery
- 2014: Habilitation and appointment as a lecturer at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- 2013-2019 Senior Physician at the Clinic and Polyclinic for Orthopaedics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Munich
- 2016-2019 Head of Hip Arthroplasty and Deputy Head of Knee Arthroplasty of the Department of Orthopaedics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Munich
- 2014-2019 Chief Surgeon then Senior Chief Surgeon and coordinator at the Endoprosthetics Centre for Maximum Care at the University of Munich
- 2018 Additional qualification in special orthopaedic surgery
- Since 2019: Hip and knee arthroplasty at the ATOS Clinic Munich and at the Surgical Clinic Munich Bogenhausen and established at the ECOM – Excellent Centre of Medicine, Munich