- Specialist in orthopaedics and trauma surgery, rheumatology, special orthopaedic surgery, physical medicine, manual medicine, sports medicine
For over 25 years I have been focusing on injuries, injury consequences and wear changes to the shoulder and elbow joint.
At that time it was unimaginable how differentiated the diagnosis of shoulder pain would be today, and especially how accurately arthroscopic interventions could be carried out with modern instruments, or that shoulder joint replacement would become a standard procedure that can restore mobility and the joy in life for so many people.
That is why shoulder and elbow surgery has become my job, my hobby and my calling.
Range of services
- Differentiated diagnosis of shoulder pain and dysfunction
- Shockwave therapy for tendon calcifications of the shoulder
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff suture after tendon injury to the shoulder
- Implantation of shoulder endoprostheses with osteoarthritis and after injuries
- Fracture care after injury to the shoulder joint
- Arthroscopic and open stabilisation procedures after shoulder dislocations
- 1983: Resident at the Surgical Department of the Municipal Hospital Neunkirchen/Saar
- 1984: Research assistant at the Anatomical Institute of the Saarland University
- 1985: Research assistant at the University Surgical Clinic of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich (Prof. Dr. L. Schweiberer)
- 1987: Specialist training at the Orthopaedic University Hospital Heidelberg (Prof. Dr. H. Cotta) with training stations in oncology, paediatric orthopaedics and general orthopaedics.
- 1990: Head of the emergency shoulder clinic
- 1991: Ward Physician in the section for endoprosthetics and rheumatology, Senior Physician in the section for oncological and septic orthopaedics
- 1993: Senior Physician in the Department of General Orthopaedics with a focus on hip and knee arthroplasty and shoulder surgery
- 1994 – 2001: Head of the interdisciplinary consultation for hemophilia
- 1995: Habilitation on the subject of orthopaedics at the Medical Faculty of the Ruprecht-Karls University Heidelberg
- 1997 – 2008: Head of the section for shoulder and elbow orthopaedics.
- 2001 – 2004: Head Senior Physician at the Orthopaedic University Hospital. Optional training in “special orthopaedic surgery”
- 2008: Specialist physician in orthopaedics and trauma surgery
- 2009: Head of the Upper Extremity Section – Shoulder, Elbow and Hand Surgery section of the Orthopaedic University Clinic
- 2010 – today: Independent specialist at ATOS Clinic Heidelberg (since 2014 at the German Joint Centre Heidelberg)