- Specialist physician in orthopaedics and trauma surgery
- Specialist in orthopaedics, sports medicine – chiropractics
- Apl. Professor of orthopaedics at the Technical University of Munich
Chief physician for hip surgery and knee arthroplasty
Prof. Gollwitzer is a renowned specialist in the implantation of artificial hip and knee prostheses as well as the entire spectrum of modern joint-preserving hip surgery.
The focus of his clinical and operative activities are the treatment of osteoarthritis of the hip and knee joint, hip joint arthroscopy (hip flexion), minimally invasive and muscle-sparing hip arthroplasty using AMIS technology, and the individualised partial and complete replacement of the knee joint.
Due to his many years of experience at the University Clinic of the Technical University of Munich, Prof. Gollwitzer has extensive experience in complex arthroplasty in dysplasia and deformity, in the correction of deformities and in the treatment of endoprosthesis loosening. In addition to his work at the ATOS Clinic Munich, Prof. Gollwitzer is also a Senior Physician for hip surgery at the Surgical Clinic Munich-Bogenhausen.
Furthermore, the Munich hip specialist Prof. Gollwitzer is active as a member of the Educational Board of the European Hip Society, the hip committee of the AGA Society for Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery and as a member of the AMIS Educational Board in the training of physicians and the further development of treatment techniques.
With more than 500 publications and lectures, Prof. Gollwitzer is in demand and recognised nationally and internationally as a renowned clinician, speaker and scientist.
Range of services
- Minimally invasive implantation of hip prostheses using AMIS technology
- Implantation of (custom-made) knee prostheses and partial prostheses of the knee joint
- Change of hip and knee prostheses
- Hip arthroscopy
- Cartilage transplantation
- Deformity correction at the hip joint
- Partial joint replacement at the hip joint
- Coxarthrosis (osteoarthritis of the hip joint)
- Gonarthrosis (osteoarthritis of the knee joint)
- Femoroacetal impingement
- Painful endoprostheses and relaxation
- Femoral head necrosis
- Tendon damage to the hip joint
- 1993 – 2000 Medical studies at the Technical University of Munich
- 2000 – 2003 Resident at the Clinic for Orthopaedics and Sports Orthopaedics at the Klinikum rechts der Isar of the Technical University of Munich
- 2004 – 2007 Resident at the Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery at the Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Murnau
- 2006 Certified Clinical Research Professional (SOCRA USA)
- 2006 – 2007 Research Fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA
- 2007 – 2009 Senior Physician at the Clinic for Orthopaedics and Sports Orthopaedics at the Klinikum rechts der Isar of the Technical University of Munich
- 2008 Habilitation and appointment as lecturer at the Technical University of Munich
- 2008 – 2017 Section Head for Endoprosthetics and Reconstructive Hip and Knee Surgery at the Clinic for Orthopaedics and Sports Orthopaedics at the Klinikum rechts der Isar of the Technical University of Munich
- 2009 – 2017 Managing Director of the Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Orthopaedics at the Klinikum rechts der Isar of the Technical University of Munich
- 2015 Appointment as Adjunct Professor at the Technical University of Munich
- Since 2012 Chief Physician for Hip Surgery and Knee Arthroplasty at the ATOS Clinic Munich
- Since 2017 Chief Physician for hip surgery at the Surgical Clinic Munich-Bogenhausen