For more than 20 years Dr. Michael Muschik has worked as a medical assessor. He draws up medical reports for courts, arbitration boards, social security funds, insurance companies and employers’ liability insurance associations.
As a specialist in orthopaedics, trauma surgery and physical therapy, Dr. Michael Muschik has more than 25 years of professional experience. He has specialised in the fields of orthopaedics, paediatric orthopaedics and trauma surgery in the preparing medical reports.
Often Dr. Muschik is asked for a medical report as part of an accident. Occupational diseases, medical malpractice, sickness and pension claims are also among the most frequent occasions for a medical report. Absolute objectivity and neutrality are indispensable prerequisites for Dr. Muschik’s expert work. The experienced physician attaches great importance to the highest professional quality and legally valid statements.
The report is carried out according to a strict quality scheme: In the run-up, Dr. Muschik examines all the files, including examination findings. In a long conversation with the patient, Dr. Muschik details the accident or the history of the disease. The discussion is documented. Then the investigation follows. If necessary, additional modern diagnostic procedures such as computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging are used. The completed report is sent by Muschik on the agreed date – usually after eight weeks – to the client.
Range of services
- Herniated disc of the cervical spine
- Spine fractures
- Scoliosis in children and adolescents
- Scoliosis in adults
- Spinal stenosis
- Facet joint syndrome
- Disc wear
- Pain after surgery (postnucleotomy syndrome)
- Sacroiliac joint pain (ISG)
- Tumours of the spine
- Coccyx pain
- Myelopathy (permanent spinal cord injury)
- 1984 – 1990 Medical studies at the Charité Humboldt University Berlin
- 1990 Approval
- 1990 Doctorate
- 1995 Specialist physician in orthopaedics
- 1998 Habilitation and appointment as a private lecturer
- 2004 Specialist physician in physical therapy
- 2008 Specialist in orthopaedics and trauma surgery
- 2013 Specialist in paediatric orthopaedics
- 1990 Resident of the Surgical Clinic Berlin Prenzlauer Berg
- 1991 – 1995 Resident at the Orthopaedic University Hospital of the Charité
- 1991 – 1992 6 months internship at the Invalid Foundation Helsinki, Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics and Scoliosis Surgery
- 1996 Senior Physician at the Orthopaedic University Hospital of the Charité, Berlin
- 2000 Chief Physician and Medical Director at the Orthopaedic Clinic and at the North German Scoliosis Centre in the Seehospital Sahlenburg, Nordheim Foundation, Cuxhaven
- 2005 Chief Physician of the Orthopaedic Department of the Park Hospital Weissensee and the Schlossparkklinik Charlottenburg, Berlin
- 2011 Chief Physician Clinic Fleetinsel Hamburg, Department of Spinal and Paediatric Orthopaedics