Since 1999, I have been involved exclusively in shoulder and elbow joint surgery.
Inspired and guided by my practice partner Prof. Dr. med. P. Habermeyer, I have learned the entire spectrum of shoulder surgery from the ground up and deepened my understanding of it through practical experience.
The ability to perform many different arthroscopic procedures especially motivates me to work on improvements to the instruments and on new techniques. This led to the publication of the Shoulder Arthroscopy Atlas in 2008. However, surgical techniques have to withstand the critical review of their effectiveness and benefit to the patient, so scientific evaluation is also a major concern in my work. For me, the well-being of the patient is always at the centre of my actions, which means I only recommend surgery if there is a proper indication for it.
Range of services
- Implantation and replacement of shoulder prostheses
- Arthroscopic reconstruction of the rotator cuff
- Muscle transfers and revision in the event of failed rotator cuff reconstruction
- Arthroscopic and open surgery (including bone block) with shoulder instability
- Long-term consequences of humeral head fractures
- Acute and chronic bursting of the shoulder joint
- Calculus shoulder, frozen shoulder
- Early arthrosis of the shoulder and elbow, cartilage regeneration
- Arthroscopic joint removal at the elbow
- Restricted movement of the elbow after fractures or previous operations
- Chronic elbow instability
- Epicondylitis surgery
- Nerve constrictions in the elbow
- 1987 – 1993 Study of human medicine at the Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
- 1993 Practical year tertial at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, USA
- 1994 Ph.D. med. “cum laude” at the Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
- 1993 Physician internship and resident at the Sportklinik Stuttgart under Prof. Habermeyer and Prof. Steinbrück.
- First experiences in microscopic surgery of knee and shoulder joint
- 1994 Further education assistant at the Vulpius-Klinik Bad Rappenau with focus on endoprosthetics of the hip and arthroscopic surgery
- 1999 Admission to the Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Practice with Prof. Habermeyer as Senior Physician and deepening of skills in the area of shoulder and elbow surgery
- 2001 Practice partner of Prof. Habermeyer
- 2014 GERMAN JOINT CENTRE at ATOS Clinic