- Specialist physician in surgery, trauma surgery and orthopaedics,
- Special accident surgery,
- Emergency medicine
Together with Prof. Dr. med. Habermeyer, Dr. med. Andreas Klonz opened the emergency room at ATOS Clinic in 2005, which over the years has become one of the largest practices at ATOS Clinic:
SPORTS SURGERY HEIDELBERG. The department is now much more than just an emergency room.
Since 2000 Dr. Klonz has in particular carried out operations on the shoulder and elbow. In this area, his focus is on his own scientific work, as well as continuous training in and further development of specialised treatments.
Dr. Klonz specialises in the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, particularly bone fractures, tendon tears and ligament injuries.
A special focus is the treatment of sports injuries – for example, cruciate ligament and meniscus tears. From 2008 to 2013 he was the team doctor of the Handball Bundesliga team of the Rhein-Neckar-Löwen. During this time, he also acted as a replacement physician for the Adler Mannheim ice hockey players.
Many national rugby players, Bundesliga players, as well as youth players and their parents have relied on Dr. Klonz.
Dr. Klonz is married and is the father of 2 boys. During his adolescence and studies, he played high-level handball, as well as football and tennis. Today he keeps fit with mountain biking, skiing and fitness training.
Dr. Klonz was awarded in 2017 and 2018 with the recommendation seal of Focus magazine as an ‘Orthopaedic Surgeon’.
Since 2017 he is chairman of the commission for quality assurance in arthroscopy at KVBW.
Range of services
- Bone fracture treatment (operative and conservative) including corrective surgery for incorrectly healed bone and non-healed bone (pseudarthrosis)
- Minimally invasive and arthroscopic surgery: Knee, shoulder, ankle, elbow
e.g. meniscus surgery, cruciate ligament replacement, cartilage therapy,
e.g. shoulder joint dislocation, shoulder luxation
e.g. biceps tendon rupture, Achilles tendon tear, rotator cuff tears
- Arthrosis treatment without artificial joint including corrective surgery in case of wear (osteoarthritis)
- Osteoarthritis treatment with joint replacement shoulder, elbow, hip joint
- Injuries in childhood
- Study of human medicine at the Hanover Medical School
- 1994 Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma Surgery, Orthopaedic Department of the Buffalo General Hospital, Buffalo, NY, USA
- 1996 4 months, Orthopaedics Schulthess Clinic Prof. Gschwend Zurich
- Doctorate in the Department of Applied Anatomy at the Hanover Medical School
- 1997 Residency, Trauma Surgery Städtisches Klinikum Braunschweig, Prof. Reilmann
- 1998 – 1999 Residency in Surgery, Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery Städtisches Klinikum Braunschweig, Prof. Frank
- 1999 – 2002 Residency in Surgery, Visceral Surgery Städtisches Klinikum Braunschweig, Prof. Wagner
- 2002 Residency in Surgery, Trauma Surgery Städtisches Klinikum Braunschweig, Prof. H. Reilmann
- 2002 Area qualification, ‘Specialist Physician in Surgery’
- 1999 – 2005 Emergency physician of the professional fire brigade Braunschweig
- 2002 Advanced training authorisation emergency medicine/rescue medicine
- 2004 Appointment as ‘Chief Emergency Doctor’ of the City of Braunschweig
- 2003 – 2005 Senior Physician for Trauma Surgery, Braunschweig Clinic
- 2005 Qualification focus on ‘trauma surgery’
- 10/2005 Appointment as full-time accident insurance physician of the employers’ liability insurance (occupational and school accidents)
- 10/2005 Private and accident insurance physician practice at ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
- Affiliated doctor of the ATOS practice clinic
- Consultant of the Centre for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (Prof. Habermeyer/Dr. Lichtenberg) for the treatment of emergencies and acute injuries in the shoulder and elbow area
- Since 01/2007 Cooperation with the OP-Centre Heidelberg (OPC) for the implementation of outpatient surgery
- 01/2008 Acceptance of Dr. med. Guido Volk as a partner in the practice
- 01/2008 Area qualification in orthopaedics and trauma surgery
- 2008 -2013 Team doctor of the Bundesliga handball team, Rhein-Neckar Löwen.
- 04/2008 Admission as health insurance fund physician
- 2013 Consultant physician and examining physician of the Commission for Quality Assurance in Arthroscopy of the KVBW
- Since 2017 Chairman of the Commission for Quality Assurance in Arthroscopy of the KVBW