- Specialist physician in orthopaedics and trauma surgery
- Principal investigating physician
Dr. med. Steffen Thier has been in the emergency department at ATOS Clinic since 01/04/16.
As a former competitive athlete and long-time supporter of the national rugby team, his special focus is on the treatment of sports injuries.
He specialises in the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, in particular the treatment of cartilage damage, joint problems and tendon/ligament/meniscal injury. The procedures are carried out as far as possible with a minimally invasive or arthroscopic method.
His scientific focus is on the arthroscopic treatment of cartilage damage in the knee and hip joints.
Dr. Thier is married and lives in Heidelberg. In addition to his extensive professional involvement, he is interested sports activities such as jogging, mountain biking, rugby, cross-fit and tennis.
Range of services
Minimally invasive operations:
- Arthroscopic operations on the knee joint, shoulder, ankle and hip
- Cartilage cell transplants on the hip, knee and ankle
- Meniscus surgery, cruciate ligament replacement
Treatment of tendon and ligament injuries:
- Achilles tendon tear, rotator cuff tear
- Shoulder joint issues, shoulder dislocation
- Corrective surgery for incorrectly healed bone
- Correction operations on non-healed bone (pseudarthrosis)
- Correction surgery for wear (osteoarthritis)
- Study of human medicine at the Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg (previous clinic: Faculty Heidelberg, Clinic: Faculty Mannheim)
- 2009-2010: Ongoing education assistant, General Surgery, University Hospital Mannheim (CA Prof. Dr. med.
- 2011: Dissertation: “Tear Resistance and Volume Replenishment of Radiotherapy Affected Soft Tissues after Augmentation with Autologous, Fibroblast-Colonized, Allogeneic, Acellular Dermis” (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. P. Hohenberger, Section for Special Surgical Oncology and Thoracic Surgery)
- 2010-2015: Ongoing education assistant, Orthopaedic-Trauma Surgery Centre Mannheim University Hospital (CA Prof. Dr. med. H-P. Scharf)
- 2015-04/2016: Specialist physician in orthopaedics and trauma surgery, Orthopaedic-Trauma-Surgery Centre Mannheim University Hospital (CA Prof. Dr. med. H-P. Scharf)