- Specialist in surgery, trauma surgery and sports medicine
The Centre for Hip Surgery is directed by Dr. med. Raimund Völker. Dr. Völker has a great deal of experience in the field of endoprosthetics at the hip joint. He is one of the very few highly specialised surgeons who exclusively focus on hip surgery. This specialisation offers tremendous benefits to the patient. Dr. Völker is also one of the internationally renowned surgeons who, in addition to proven standard endoprosthetics, also has a great deal of experience in bone-preserving resurfacing. Both methods complement each other in their quality. In this way, the best possible procedure can be offered for each patient.
In contrast to simple standard endoprostheses, Dr. med. Völker only uses high-quality and long-tested original implants at ATOS Clinic. This creates the foundation for secure high durability.
The use of minimally invasive, muscle-sparing surgical techniques ensures faster recovery with natural flexibility and maximum joint safety. The right choice of implants and early intensive physiotherapy support this. These measures, which facilitate the healing process, are summarised internationally under the term “Enhanced Recovery Programme”.
Range of services
- Osteoarthritis and its causes
- Nuclear magnetic resonance therapy for cartilage cell treatment of all joints
- Artificial hip joint in osteoarthritis
- Total endoprosthesis for the hip joint
- Hip replacement following McMinn (BHR)
- Short shaft hip joint
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques
- Enhanced Recovery Programme
- Computer-aided navigation
- Free University of Berlin with stays abroad at the Surgical Clinic in Prague / Czech Republic and at the Mount Sinai School in New York / USA.
- 1991: General surgical training with Prof. H.-D. Clevert at the DRK-Kliniken Berlin, academic teaching hospital of the Charité Berlin, in the areas of abdominal surgery, vascular surgery, lung surgery, accident surgery and sports medicine.
- 1998: Specialist physician for surgery. PhD at the Charité Berlin on diagnostics before biliary procedures. Additional qualification in sports medicine.
- 2000: Senior Physician in general surgery
- 2003-2009: Further education with Prof. M. Faensen, head of the centre for resurfacing at the hip joint at the DRK Kliniken Berlin.
- 2006: Continuing trauma surgery education with Priv.-Doz. Dr. H. Schauwecker at the DRK Clinics Berlin
- 2008: Head of branch office Munich
- Since 2009: Head of the Centre for Hip Surgery at ATOS Clinic Munich