- Specialist for hip, knee and foot surgery, accident surgery and sports trauma surgery
Dr. med. Jürgen Walpert is a specialist in orthopaedics and trauma surgery. In addition to the wide range of sports medicine with the treatment of the knee joint, his special interest lies in the field of foot surgery. Dr. Walpert is one of the first certified foot surgeons of the scientific society, the German Association for Foot Surgery (DAF), and has been a member of the extended board of the association since 2002.
In 1998, he received the first “European Travel Fellowship”, with the opportunity to observe international specialist colleagues over several weeks.
For years, Dr. Walpert has regularly participated in national and international exchanges in his area of expertise, published on various topics in specialist journals and has lively lecturing experience in front of national and international audiences. Dr. Walpert has worked on various textbooks, is a member of national and international trade associations and also one of the few German foot specialists who are a member of the American foot society AOFAS.
Dr. Walpert has developed several innovative implants in foot surgery in cooperation with a German manufacturer. Specialist colleagues regularly sit in on his surgical procedures.
Range of services
- Arthroscopy of the knee joint (cartilage and meniscus surgery, cruciate ligament surgery)
- Cartilage building therapies (chondrotidine sulfates, hyaluronic acid, ACP treatments)
- Leg axis corrections
- Endoprosthetics of the knee joint
- Sports trauma surgery
- Reconstruction of the forefoot in joint-preserving techniques (e.g. hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, hammer toe)
- Arthroscopy of the upper and lower ankle
- Sports trauma surgery
- Total endoprosthetic replacement of the upper ankle
- Complex hindfoot surgery procedures
- 1981 – 1987 Study of human medicine in Aachen and Bonn
- 1989 – 1991 Continuing education in the surgical and trauma department / Katharinenhospital Unna
- 1991 – 1996 Further education at the Orthopaedic University Clinic Bonn
- 1994 Specialist physician in orthopaedics
- 1995 Additional qualification in chiropractics
- 1996 Additional qualification in physical therapy
- 1996 – 2002 Senior Physician of the Orthopaedic Clinic / Remigius-Hospital-Opladen, Leverkusen, specialising in foot and joint surgery
- 1998 Member of the Organising Committee of the 1st International Foot Congress of the European Foot Surgical Society (EFAS) in Cologne
- 1998 Four-week travel grant from the “German Association for Foot Surgery” in Belgium, France, Italy and Switzerland
- 1998 Medal of the Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan / Professor Dr. med. F. Malerba
- 2001 Certificate “Foot Surgery” of the “German Association for Foot Surgery”
- Since 2002 ATOS Clinic Fleetinsel Hamburg, Centre for Orthopaedic Surgery