Much of the population suffers from back problems. They are the most common reason for a visit to the orthopaedist. In total, every second patient seeks professional help because of constant back pain. The causes can be manifold. That is why the right choice of therapy requires an exact investigation of the causes by a specialist.
As a proven expert in the field of spinal surgery with many years of experience, a neurosurgeon heads the department of spine surgery ATOS Orthopark Clinic.
Range of services
- Various injections on the spine, (partly image-controlled), close cooperation with the department of physiotherapy in the house
- Minimally invasive operations on the cervical and lumbar spine using the surgical microscope, cervical arthroplasty, short, oblong ventral fusions / splittings of the cervical spine, microsurgery. Discectomy, as well as decompression, implantation of anulus occlusive prostheses after lumbar intervertebral disc surgery, percutaneous reduction spondylodesis, percutaneous repair of traumatic and osteoporotic fractures, peripheral nerve stimulation in chronic pain patients as well as after failed surgery, nerve stimulation for reactivation of the back muscles in patients with unspecific lower back pain (ReActiv 8), dynamic spondylodesis on a pedicle screw basis
- 1990 – 1996 Study of Human Medicine at the Humboldt University Berlin (Campus Charité)
- 1997 – 1999 Internship at the Neurosurgical Clinic Hospital Berlin-Friedrichshain, academic teaching hospital of the Humboldt University (Charité), Berlin
- 1999 – 2002 Resident at the Neurosurgical Clinic, Südharzkrankenhaus Nordhausen, Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Göttingen
- 2002 – 2005 Resident at the Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Cologne-Merheim, Clinics of the City of Cologne
- 2005 Qualification as specialist physician for neurosurgery
- 2005 – 2006 Specialist physician for neurosurgery, at the Neurosurgical Clinic Hospital Cologne-Merheim
- 2006 Doctorate at the University of Cologne
- 2006 – 2010 Senior Physician, Neurosurgical Clinic, Gemeinschaftskrankenhaus Herdecke, University of Witten-Herdecke
- 2010 – 2011 Affiliated physician in the Spine Centre of the MediaPark Clinic in Cologne and Consultant of the Sana-Klinik Remscheid
- Since 2011 Chief spinal surgeon at ATOS Orthopark Clinic Cologne
- 2012 – 2015 Cooperation partner of the Sana-Klinikum Remscheid