- Specialist physician in orthopaedics and trauma surgery
- Specialist physician in sports orthopaedics
- Certified foot and ankle surgeon
As a specialised orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. med. Kinast works on the foot and ankle joint in the area of joint-preserving operations and sports orthopaedics as well as in the area of mini, partial or total joint replacement and the replacement of total endoprostheses. An additional focus is autologous blood therapy with growth factors (ACP therapy) as a new treatment method for stress-related pain, after sports injuries or incipient arthritis in diseases and injuries around the foot and ankle.
With more than 1,500 surgeries per year in the team of the Centre for Foot and Ankle Joints Munich by Dr. med. Kinast, Prof. Hamel and colleagues and surgical work and experience since 1982, Kinast is considered an established and proven expert among patients, colleagues and the media.
At national and international congresses and symposia, Dr. med. Kinast is an established presence with lectures on foot and ankle surgery. He is in constant contact with leading colleagues in foot surgery in Austria, Switzerland, Spain, France, England and the USA.
Range of services
- Minimally invasive and complex hallux valgus surgery
- Minimally invasive and complex hammer toe and metatarsal surgery
- Ankle arthroplasty and arthroscopic arthrodeses
- Corrections of hollow and flatfoot deformities
- Arthroscopic and complex ankle surgery after accidents and osteoarthritis
- Achilles tendon reconstructions including endoscopic Haglund heel surgery
- Cartilage reconstructions and axis correcting operations
- 1976-1982: Studies at the Free University of Berlin and the Technical University of Munich with study visits in the USA in the areas of pelvic surgery, foot and ankle surgery
- 1982: Intensive care medicine of the University of Munich (Prof. Schweiberer)
- 1983-1985: Surgery and orthopaedics at the University of Basel (Prof. Allgöver and Prof. Morscher)
- 1985-1988: Orthopaedic surgery and trauma surgery at the University of Bern (Prof. Ganz)
- 1989: Trauma surgery Augsburg and orthopaedics in the hospital Munich Bogenhausen
- 1989-1992: Orthopaedic University Hospital of the Technical University of Munich and Senior Physician in sport trauma surgery
- 1993: Partner in the orthopaedic group practice of the Private Clinic Josephinum
- 1996: Practice group at Wettersteinplatz with occupational medical practice in the Rieflerklinik 1998: Centre for Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine in the Schützenstraße
- 2000: Centre for the Foot and Ankle Joint Munich with Prof. Hamel
- 2006: Orthopaedics Centre Arabella Park (OZA) with Prof. Hamel